Educational Technology Workshops
Brought to you by the Center for Teaching and Learning at kendall college on May 20, 2016
Location: 4th Floor Computer Labs
Workshop Series Brochure (click to download)
(to be completed prior to attending your workshop)
Morning sessions (10:00 am - 12:00 pm):
with Neal Green
- Bring your computer for our interactive session
- View the video introduction to ePortfolios.
- Create a Pathbrite account
- Explore this Sample Pathbrite Portfolio for helpful links, a user guide, videos, and more to help you get started with the Pathbrite platform.
- Click here to view the sample Kendall College student ePortfolio
- Bring your syllabus for individual attention and guidance on how to use Pathbrite to engage students beyond ePortfolios.
Online Collaboration Tools
with Phuong Thai-Garcia
Access this collaborative document on OneDrive to view the prep instructions! If prompted, sign in with your email password to access the instruction materials. If you have trouble, email Phuong at email@example.com.
- Lunch (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) - IN THE QSR (3RD FLOOR)
Afternoon sessions (1:00 pm - 3:00 pm):
with Leigh Uhlir
Click to download the pre-workshop activities sheet, which includes info on
- Creating a YouTube channel
- An article on the benefits of using video as a teaching tool
- A brainstorm activity
with Art Schneiderheinze
- Watch the video "Twitter in Plain English."
- Download this document. It includes directions on how to set-up an account and includes a few pre-workshop tasks to complete.
- Read the article "How an Art History Class Became More Engaging with Twitter". Brainstorm at least two (2) ways you might use Twitter in one of your classes this spring to promote more student engagement.
- Participants should come with the syllabus for the course(s) they teach, as well as a mobile device (so we can set up Twitter).