What is KC Alerts?
Previously known as Academic Alert, KC Alert is an early alert system designed to promote student success and improve retention at Kendall College. By taking a proactive approach, this tool allows instructors to easily notify the appropriate support services to ensure that students receive the 'just-in-time' support they need.
Why should I use KC Alerts?
- To identify students who may be struggling and isolate any underlying issues that might be preventing student success
- To connect students with the appropriate campus services so that they can get ‘just-in-time’ support
- To partner with available support services on campus to develop a plan to support students
What are the reasons to refer a student using KC Alerts?
- Unsatisfactory attendance
- Not meeting deadlines or submitting work
- Lack of engagement/participation
- Need for academic tutoring
- To report an urgent incident
- To report an on-going behavioral problem
- To report an instance of academic dishonesty
How do I use KC Alerts?
Step #1: Log into the Kendall College Portal
Step #2: Click on the link entitled "KC Alerts"
Step #3: Respond to the questions on the form
Step #4: Submit the form by clicking the "Save" button
For more information
For more information, please contact:
Amanda Moller, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Meredith Tumilty, Manager of the ASC